SOUTH SALT LAKE — A person who was once asleep in his room Sunday night when a fire broke out has died from his injuries.
A fire was once reported at 2721 S. West Temple about eight:30 p.m. Sunday. South Salt Lake Fire Chief Ron Morris stated a team was once already in the realm, noticed the flames and arrived inside two mins.
Despite the fast reaction, Morris stated flames had been already taking pictures out a facet window and a again door after they arrived.
During a number one seek of the house, crews discovered a person in his 50s on a bed at the flooring in his room, he stated. The guy, whose identify was once now not instantly launched pending notification of members of the family, was once taken to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray in crucial situation with serious burns. He later died from his injuries.
The fire is thought to have began in a room adjoining to the sufferer’s, the executive stated, however what sparked it remained unknown Monday. Morris stated a complete of 4 males lived in the house, however because of a language barrier, investigators had been nonetheless looking to decide Monday what number of had been house on the time.
Damage to the house is intensive, the executive stated, whilst noting it would finally end up being a complete loss. Investigators had been anticipated to sift during the rubble on Monday in an effort to decide a motive and why the fire reputedly unfold so briefly.
“We’ll uncover every stone we can,” he stated.
We’re sorry, these days this reside video move is best to be had inside Utah or an licensed RSL broadcast territory.
We base your location in your IP cope with. Some suppliers IP addresses might display your location outdoor of the state, although you might be bodily throughout the state limitations. For extra details about RSL on KSL, please see our FAQ.
Showing of zero feedback