FILE – A person who already faces greater than a dozen felonies in ten separate instances, has now been charged with 5 extra felonies together with irritated kidnapping.
SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake guy who already faces greater than a dozen felonies in 10 separate instances now faces 5 new felonies, together with irritated kidnapping.
Harley Gregory Welsh, 39, used to be charged Tuesday in third District Court with irritated kidnapping and irritated housebreaking, first-degree felonies; irritated attack, violating a sentencing order and retaliating towards a witness, third-degree felonies; legal mischief, a category A misdemeanor; and attack, a category B misdemeanor.
On Oct. 18, Welsh went to the rental of his ex-girlfriend, “kicked the door open,” then “kicked in the bathroom door” the place his former female friend used to be and “knocked her down,” in step with charging paperwork. Police say Welsh used to be wearing a crowbar as he broke in and “completely knocked the (bathroom) door off the hinges.”
Welsh then wrapped an extension wire across the girl’s ft and pulled her into the kitchen, the fees state. The girl stated she ultimately agreed to depart with Welsh if he would depart the others in the place of dwelling by myself.
The couple were given into Welsh’s van and left at a top price of velocity. Welsh then “tried to push her out of the vehicle while he was driving,” in step with the fees.
The girl used to be ready to get out of the car and attempted working away, however Welsh stuck up along with her, compelled her again into the van, and “attempted to zip tie her arms and legs,” the fees state.
The girl instructed Welsh that her ribs have been damaged and satisfied him to take her to the health center. He threatened the girl that if she instructed police what had came about, “the police would find two bloodied corpses in the residence,” the fees say.
The ex-girlfriend already had a protecting order towards Welsh on the time for a previous home incident.
It used to be after that incident that police and prosecutors say Welsh went on a torrid monthlong crime spree. Court paperwork allege:
• Nov. 17 — Welsh stole a Chevy Malibu belonging to his sister.
• Nov. 17 — Welsh pulled as much as a automotive in a parking storage, 35 N. Rio Grande, whilst using the Malibu, spray-painted the within sight safety digital camera after which broke out a automotive window to scouse borrow pieces within.
• Nov. 28 — Welsh stole a Honda automotive parked on the University of Utah, leaving the Chevy in the back of.
• Nov. 28 — Welsh spray-painted a safety digital camera on the Bureau of Land Management development.
• Dec. 7 — Welsh lower out a catalytic converter from a car parked on the U. He is observed in surveillance video using the stolen Honda.
• Dec. 12 — Welsh, now again in the stolen Malibu, is noticed asleep in the motive force’s seat close to 4932 S. Howick St. (210 West). While he used to be asleep, officials arrange a spike strip beneath Welsh’s rear tires, seeking to pin him in, in step with police. The officials then used an air horn to get up Welsh. Welsh in an instant rammed two police automobiles on both finish of his, and drove away. The stolen car used to be discovered deserted close to 32 E. Central Ave. (4100 South).
• Dec. 12 — After dumping the Chevy, police consider Welsh ran to a close-by automotive lot and jumped right into a Ford Expedition that used to be working however no longer occupied.
• Dec. 14 — A Salt Lake police officer noticed the stolen Expedition close to 1750 S. State. Welsh sped away when the officer tried to tug him over. The officer didn’t begin a chase because of public protection issues.
• Dec. 15 — Unified police discovered Welsh and the stolen Expedition in a parking storage. He used to be status out of doors the car and an officer ordered him to position his arms up. He positioned his arms in the air, smiled after which jumped in the SUV to try to flee. When he discovered he used to be boxed in, Welsh were given out and ran.
• Dec. 15 — Welsh stole a automotive left working at a Maverick, 710 E. 2700 South.
• Dec. 17 — Welsh tried to escape from police another time in a low-speed pursuit. At the top of the chase, Welsh once more were given out and ran, however used to be captured this time by means of a police Okay-Nine.