PYEONGCHANG, South Korea — Shaun White appeared sensational in qualifying first within the males’s halfpipe skiing festival of the 2018 Winter Olympics. Now, he and a bunch of proficient challengers will take 3 runs for the gold medal. Stay right here for reside updates and research from Pyeongchang:
• Expect White to throw strikes just like the Frontside double cork 1080, the frontside five stalefish, the double mctwist 1260, the and the frontside double cork 1260.
• His leader challengers are Ayumu Hirano of Japan, 19, who’s famous for being the primary guy to land back-to-back 1440s, and Scotty James of Australia, 23, a two-time global champion who has stated the judges unduly desire White.
• Each boarder will get 3 runs; best the most productive one counts.
• White is a two-time Olympic champion, in 2006 and 2010. He crashed onerous in 2014 and completed a disappointing fourth.
• In qualifying, White submit a super run, then after Hirano and James scored upper, he crowned it.
“I was stoked to put that run down, that took the pressure and the edge off and then I started seeing everyone putting these great runs in and I figured I would step it up,” he stated. “They motivated me to send it on that last one.”