Dec. 29, 2017 — Jewelry and accent store Claire’s has recalled a chain of make-up kits after information studies stated they examined certain for asbestos.
The Florida-based corporate says in a observation that “the safety of our customers is of paramount importance, and we are passionate about the safety and integrity of our products.”
Boston tv station WJAR reported remaining week Rhode Island mom despatched a Claire’s make-up equipment to a lab, which discovered that it contained asbestos. Asbestos may cause an competitive form of most cancers known as mesothelioma and dermatitis if it is available in touch with pores and skin
Claire’s says it’s investigating.
“We have retained an independent laboratory to test the cited products in order to determine whether the recent news reports are accurate,” the corporate says in a observation launched this week. “In the interim we have stopped sales of the products and are issuing full refunds to concerned customers. As always, the safety of our customers and products is our top priority.”
Claire’s says it has greater than 900 million feminine consumers world wide. It operates greater than 2,500 shops in North America and Europe, in addition to 1,000 shops on different continents.
The recalled merchandise come with:
- Ultimate Mega Make Up Set, code 71844.
- Metallic Hot Pink Glitter 48-Piece Makeup Set, code 76094.
- Pink Glitter Cellphone Makeup Compact, code 26556.
- Bedazzled Rainbow Heart Makeup Set, code 11767.
- Rainbow Bedazzled Star Make Up Set, code 20926.
- Rainbow Glitter Heart Shaped Makeup Set, code 97275.
- Mint Glitter Make Up Set, code 74769.
- Rainbow Bedazzled Rectangle Make Up Set, code 21044.
- Pink Glitter Palette with Eyeshadow & Lip Gloss, code 97276.