Happy birthday, Tiger Woods.
The 14-time major champion turns 43 years previous nowadays, and whilst the 80 time PGA Tour winner is not just about as younger as he was, his 2018 comeback confirmed he nonetheless has various sport.
In mild of his 43rd birthday, the usage of stats and previous performances, we compiled 43 reasons why you’ll be able to be expecting the Big Cat to win a 15th major name and take one step nearer to Jack Nicklaus’ report of 18.
1. The U.S. Open will likely be performed at Pebble Beach in 2019 and once more in 2027. Woods received the U.S. Open at Pebble again in 2000.
2. He additionally received the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in the similar yr.
Three. Woods is an eight-time PGA Tour winner at Torrey Pines, together with the 2008 U.S. Open. The tournament is going again to San Diego in 2021.
four. At the 1999 Ryder Cup “Battle of Brookline,” Woods definitely wasn’t at his absolute best, going simply 2-Three in his 5 fits. That stated, he did win his singles fit Three&2 in opposition to Andrew Coltart. The Country Club in Brookline, Mass. hosts the U.S. Open in 2022.
Five. While Tiger did not get the task performed with a win at the 2005 U.S. Open at Pinehurst No. 2, he did end because the runner-up. Pinehurst will play host once more in 2024.
6. Same is going for Oakmont, the place Woods completed runner-up in 2007. Oakmont hosts in 2025.
7. Woods received the 2000 PGA Championship at Valhalla. The tournament returns in 2024.
eight. At the 2018 BMW Championship, Woods tied the direction report at Aronimink with a 62. He completed T6. The 2027 PGA Championship will likely be performed at Aronimink.
nine. Tom Watson misplaced the 2009 British Open in a playoff at 59 years previous. In 2031, The PGA Championship is going to Congressional, the place Woods received the AT&T National in 2009 and 2012. Then, Woods will likely be 55, so we are pronouncing there is a probability.
10. Two of Tiger’s 3 Open Championship victories got here at the Old Course in St Andrews, Scotland. The Old Course performs host to The Open in 2021.
11. Woods does not have a deep historical past at Royal St. George’s, The Open host in 2020, however he did end T3 there in 2003.
12. Woods received the U.S. Open at Bethpage Black in 2002. The direction will play host to the 2019 PGA Championship.
13. In 2020, San Francisco’s TPC Harding Park will host the PGA Championship. Back in 2009, it hosted the Presidents Cup the place the U.S. received 19.Five-14.Five. Woods used to be a great Five-Zero within the tournament, together with a singles fit win 6&Five vs. Y.E. Yang.
14. Oh yeah, he additionally received the WGC American Express Championship at Harding Park in 2005.
In 18 PGA Tour occasions ultimate season, Woods …
15. Ended his complete comeback yr with a dramatic win at the Tour Championship.
16. Had two 2d position finishes, one of them at the PGA Championship.
17. Logged seven most sensible 10 finishes.
18. Finished within the most sensible 25 12 instances.
19. Only overlooked two cuts (Genesis Open and U.S. Open)
20. Didn’t withdraw from any tournament, which speaks to his well being and energy.
21. Began ultimate season 1,199th within the Official World Golf Rankings. He’s now ranked No. 13.
As the good theologian Jay-Z as soon as stated, “men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.” Woods finished 2018 …
22. Third in Strokes Gained: coming near the golf green.
23. 11th in SG: across the inexperienced.
24. Eighth in SG: tee to inexperienced.
25. Fifth in SG: overall.
26. 15th in birdie reasonable, carding four.03 according to spherical.
27. Seventh in scoring reasonable, capturing 69.350.
28. 16th in proximity to the outlet, averaging 34′ four”.
29. Third in approaches from 50-75 yards.
30. Fourth in approaches from 75-100 yards.
31. Third in approaches from 50-125 yards.
32. Ninth in approaches from 125-150 yards.
33. Second in approaches from 175-200 yards.
34. Fifth in approaches from 75-100 yards from the tough.
35. Fourth in scrambling.
36. Fifth in scrambling from 10-20 yards.
In different phrases, Woods had a really perfect really feel for his brief sport and used to be dialed in round and coming near the vegetables for many of ultimate season.
37. Eighth in one-putt share.
38. Fourth in putts according to spherical (all the way through the primary spherical of a match).
39. Fourth in striking from 15-20 toes
40. First in Round Three scoring reasonable — Nobody is best at positioning themselves for a Sunday rate on Saturday, aka shifting day.
41. Second in entrance nine scoring, averaging a ranking of 34.32.
42. Fifth in par four scoring reasonable. On the turn aspect, he used to be 110th on par Three’s.
43. 24th on par Five scoring. Sure, 24th is not too top at the record, however that quantity could also be just a little deceptive. Woods progressed against the tip of yr at the longer holes as soon as he found out his driving force, and he’ll want to capitalize on his duration and be more in line with the massive stick in 2019.