Home / Trending / 2 restaurants closed in Salt Lake County due to health code violations this week

2 restaurants closed in Salt Lake County due to health code violations this week

SALT LAKE CITY — Two restaurants in Salt Lake County have been quickly closed during the last week due to health code violations.

Salt Lake County health officers estimate that about 50 restaurants, or about one in keeping with week, have their allows suspended each and every yr, frequently main to closures.

Health officers droop eating place allows in the event that they see an impending public health risk, in accordance to Salt Lake County Health Department spokesman Nicholas Rupp. That might be due to one serious violation or an accumulation of a couple of problems.

Here are the 2 restaurants that have been quickly close down this week in Salt Lake County. You can view extra information about eating place closures the Salt Lake County Health Department site at slco.org/health/food-protection/closures.

1515 S. Main Street, Salt Lake City

Closed Aug. nine, now not reopened as of Friday

Japanese grocery and eating place Sage Market was once closed Thursday due to 18 other violations, together with are living cockroaches in the shop, in accordance to a health division file.

Dead cockroaches additionally had now not been got rid of from the power, and cockroach spray was once being saved in a meals preparation house, the file stated. Some meals pieces additionally weren’t being cooled correctly, in accordance to the file.

Health inspectors additionally discovered holes in the wall and grimy surfaces in more than a few spaces on the retailer. Other violations incorporated bathroom room doorways now not self-closing, taps leaking and the cleaning soap dispenser in the kitchen now not running, the file states.

3890 S. 1100 East, Salt Lake City

Closed Aug. 7, reopened Aug. eight

Ten health violations compelled the transient closure of the McDonald’s on Salt Lake City’s south facet this week.

Those violations incorporated workers now not washing their fingers for the desired 20 seconds, and an worker now not washing fingers after touching their nostril and face, in accordance to a health file.

Health officers additionally discovered that there was once no chilly water to be had at sinks in the eating place’s kitchen, so the water was once too scorching for workers to adequately wash their fingers, the file states.

Officials additionally discovered broken gaskets on a fridge and broken ceiling surfaces in the eating place. Some single-service pieces, comparable to utensils and straws, additionally have been saved at the flooring, in accordance to the health file.2 restaurants closed in Salt Lake County due to health code violations this week

2 restaurants closed in Salt Lake County due to health code violations this week Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com

You will have to be logged in to publish a remark.
login here

Showing of three feedback

You will have to be logged in to publish a remark.
login here

About Aamir

Check Also

New dockless scooters will come back to Salt Lake City after Bird obtains business license, signs agreement

Utah lawmakers may need to change some rules to allow e-scooters on downtown Salt Lake City streets

Transportation mavens, state legislators and Salt Lake City leaders on Wednesday mentioned how to control …